This particularly fine photograph was taken in 1871. St Mary Magdalene’s Church had been built a few years earlier, in 1862. Note the significant gap beyond the Church. This is where the school building is now. The erection of this school commenced in April 1872, the work being done by the well-known Brighton builders, Patching and Sons. The small house to the left, then occupied by Charles Fox, boot maker, was reconstructed and extended, for use as the presbytery in 1890.

Image Reference: JG_26_206.tif
Date: 1871
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 155x189
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by Anne Moncrieff
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society