Photograph of the Old Fox Tavern, in 1924. Built in the 1830s, and at one time a greengrocer’s shop, it became a public house about 1850, known as the Old Fox Tavern. Why it was later known as the Old Fox is something of a mystery. It was closed on 30 September 1938, when the licence was surrendered but the words “ the Old” can be seen on the Marlborough Street wall to this day.

Image Reference: JG_26_224.tif
Date: 1924
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 95x128
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by Anne Moncrieff
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society