THE ADVENT OF THE TRAMS
Laying the rails in Lewes Road, opposite St Martin’s Church and St Paul’s Street, in 1901. The long line of Elm trees, which were probably planted at the same time as the original trees in Elm Grove, were removed soon after the trams started running as they inconvenienced passengers on the upper deck.
Image Reference: JG_28_010.tif
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 153x107
Additional Information: No comment
The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Regency Society
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society