The Kemp Town railway was opened on 2nd August 1869, and soon afterwards an intermediate station serving the Lewes Road area was provided here. For many years it served a feeder station for Brighton Central. The introduction of trams and later, motor buses caused a decline in passenger traffic with the result that the line closed in December 1932, except for some goods traffic. The start of the Viaduct is visible at the end of the platform.

Image Reference: JG_28_078.tif
Date: 1947
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 129x80
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Regency Society
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society