At the time of this photograph there was little beyond the Inn, other than Cooper’s Nursery and Allen West. The south Moulsecoomb estate had yet to be built. The terminus of the Lewes Road Tramway was immediately opposite the Inn. The path on the right led to Pelham Cottages, 3 small houses hidden away behind Pelham Terrace. The Ship Inn was completely rebuilt in 1922.

Image Reference: JG_28_098.tif
Date: 1920
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 152x206
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Regency Society
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society