Photographs of this farm before it was broken up for residential development. It was a very old farm as is recorded on the incised block seen in the last photograph of this group. C. G. 1723. This was in the eastern end of the long barn. Brighton Corporation acquired the farm in 1913 and let to tenant farmers, the last of which was Mr West. The farmhouse is seen in the two top photographs which show the front and rear of the 18c building. Most of the many houses, which now cover this area, were built during 1948 and 1949 and little trace of the farm now remains.

Image Reference: JG_28_157.tif
Date: c.1948
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 106x68
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Regency Society
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society