RUSSELL STREET AREA
Two of the tiniest houses in Brighton, 22 and 23 Upper Russell Street. Flint cottages, they were built early in the 19c and were probably about 130 years old at the time of he photograph. With the adjoining corner house, No. 24 they were removed in 1933/4. They were the first houses of Upper Russell Street to be demolished and this marked the beginning of the vast clearance scheme in this very congested area.
Image Reference: JG_29_128.tif
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 128x95
Additional Information: Pollard, Bootmaker and Repairer.
The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Regency Square Area Society
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society