When these photographs were taken in 1954 the old buildings seen were approaching the end of their long life. As the houses came down so the Russell Street car park was extended, but the end came in 1965 when the whole site was handed over to the developers of the West Street site. Upper Russell street itself has completely vanished.

Image Reference: JG_29_153.tif
Date: 1954
Image Details: Original monochrome image
Size of Original: 154x107
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Regency Square Area Society
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society