jg_03_151.jpg

BOTH SIDES OF SHIP STREET. KINGS ROAD AND THE BEACH

Copies of two old original photographs definitely dating from the 1860s. Here the scaffolding (extreme right) provides the clue. This work took place during the widening of Kings Road during 1864/1867. See photograph overleaf. The named shop seen at the left, was that of Ernest Planterose, glover and perfumier.

Image Reference: JG_03_151.tif
Date: 1860s
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 200x125
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: ┬ęPhilippe Garner

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Regency Society
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society