On the site of the old baths shown on the preceding page, this hotel was built in 1870. Edward Fox took both these photographs soon afterwards. Narrow though Grand Junction Road was then, it had been widened between 1864 and 1867. The kerbside iron railings were installed at that time. There was a later widening here in 1886.

Image Reference: JG_03_188.tif
Date: c.1870
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 223x163
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Regency Society
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society