Rope houses on the beach. These were used by the Fishermen for storage of ropes and nets. The scene is a little to the east of the fishmarket and the buildings in the background now form part of the Queens Hotel. The period is probably during the 1870s. Kings Road was widened again in 1886 and at this time the present cast iron ones replaced the old wooden railings, here shown.

Image Reference: JG_03_210.tif
Date: 1870s
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 208x161
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Regency Society
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society