Not so many photographs have been taken of this road despite its importance as an entrance to the heart of Brighton. Sadly the reason for these pictures taken on 30 May 1987, was that the houses were about to be demolished. Soon after the coming of the railway in 1840 building of small houses and shops commenced and most had been finished by 1855. After a life of 140 years these houses between Terminus Place and Clifton Passage were thought to be worn out. What a pity that the interiors could not have been modernised with the exteriors preserved as has been done in many other parts of Brighton.

Image Reference: JG_31_057.tif
Date: 1987
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 171x119
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by Frances and Martin Lindsay-Hills
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society