The second detached burial ground, west of Church Hill, now Dyke Road, brought into use when the Church Street ground was full. The entrance gate bore the date 1846, but interments started a few years earlier. It was laid out by Amon Henry Wilds. Years of disuse led inevitably to dilapidation so a century later, on 15 October 1946 to be precise, it was opened as a Garden of Rest.

Image Reference: JG_31_102.tif
Date: c.1950-1960
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 118x80
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by Frances and Martin Lindsay-Hills
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society