THE EAR, NOSE AND THROAT HOSPITAL
Founded in 1878 in small premises at 23 Queens Road, the need for a larger building for treatment of these disorders soon became apparent. In 1897, this building was erected on the site of the old Star Brewery, in nearby Church Street, only about 100 yards away from the original hospital. In 1986 the decision was taken to transfer these departments to the Sussex County Hospital. The hospital was closed in August 1986, sold next year and demolished in 1988.
These two photographs and those on the succeeding page were taken on 31 August 1986. This one shows the main entrance in Church Street.
Image Reference: JG_31_106.tif
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 153x134
Additional Information: No comment
The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by Frances and Martin Lindsay-Hills
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society