We knew these houses as 42/3/4 Church Street but when first built they were known as Centurion Place. The stone quoting date of erection was high up in the façade of 42. Captain Fred Collins of Skylark fame lived some time in the centre house. Note the flint wall in St Nicholas Road, left. This was part of the old wall, which enclosed the Workhouse removed in 1867.
Photographed 17 October 1965, they were demolished two months later.
Image Reference: JG_31_110.tif
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 150x126
Additional Information: No comment
The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by Frances and Martin Lindsay-Hills
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society