An odd mixture of houses and small business premises, this was built some 25 years later than centurion Place. There is a strange story about how this was named. The three houses were built by Cornelius Shrivell who died in 1837. A devout man he read in the Bible, Acts, Chapter X of Cornelius, the centurion, and used this title for his houses. Centurion Road carried on the name, and at one time houses at the northern end were called Centurion Terrace.

Image Reference: JG_31_112.tif
Date: 1965
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 156x100
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: Mirfields, Builders

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by Frances and Martin Lindsay-Hills
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society