With the building, in the mid-1960’s, of the new St Pauls School, the clearance for this purpose removed about one half of the buildings in Centurion Road. All that were left were contained in the northern part of the road, and these are this shown in these two photographs of 8 July 1973. The low sunken building, used from 1948 to 1966 as Film Studios, was then thought likely to be removed but it lasted until 1979, when it was cleared and private houses may be built on the site. The large adjoining house was, for many years, the St Nicholas Parish Rooms and Sunday Schools.

Image Reference: JG_31_116.tif
Date: 1973
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 151x98
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by Frances and Martin Lindsay-Hills
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society