Photographed on 17 May 1970, this was almost the last of this old public house the Gardeners Arms. Soon after Brighton Station was opened in 1840, Terminus Road was laid out, mostly as houses but including shops and this Inn. William Wright was the first licensee. In 1970 Watneys decided to delicence the premises, so the Inn closed and it became a private house, which still stands.

Image Reference: JG_31_143.tif
Date: 1970
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 150x100
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by Frances and Martin Lindsay-Hills
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society