In the year 1879, not long after the widening of Queens Road on the east side, this tall building with its four towers was built for Alderman E J Reeves (Mayor of Brighton 1866-88) and chiefly occupied as stores for this extensive business as Wholesale Grocers and Provision Merchants, and also as offices. There was living accommodation on the upper floors but it is doubtful whether Mr Reeves himself ever lived there. After his death the business continued here, though under names other than reeves, until early 1950’s.
Image Reference: JG_31_167.tif
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 142x151
Additional Information: No comment
The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by Frances and Martin Lindsay-Hills
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society