Looking at the side and rear walls of this large building used throughout its life of almost 100 years as furniture depositories. These photographs emphasise the difference in the ground levels of Queens Road and Frederick Place. Until 1878 Queens Road was but 40 feet wide, with no pavements on its east side. Below it was a row of small cottages on the west side of Frederick Place. In that year these were removed, Queens Road widened and the tall warehouse buildings erected.
Image Reference: JG_31_171.tif
Date: 9 September 1974
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 97x156
Additional Information: No comment
The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by Frances and Martin Lindsay-Hills
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society