This photograph shows the line of poles carrying the overhead wire, so probably the railway was then still in operation. The remains of the Pier were removed soon after the railway closed down in 1901. Later erosion caused the demolition of the large house near the cliff edge, which had been rendered unsafe.

Image Reference: JG_32_039.tif
Date: c.1900
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 152x109
Place: Rottingdean
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by Edward Goring, Rottindean Parish Council and Rottingdean Preservation Society.
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society