A nice view of the northern outskirts of the village, taken at some time in the 1950s, from Beacon Hill, and looking almost due east. At the far left is Rottingdean Preparatory School, which was purpose built in 1894. This was badly damaged by fire in 1961, vacated in 1962 and demolished in 1964.

Image Reference: JG_32_101.tif
Date: 1950s
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 200x156
Place: Rottingdean
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by Edward Goring, Rottindean Parish Council and Rottingdean Preservation Society.
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society