This lovely photograph from the north-west, shows Ovingdean Grange, the farm buildings and cottages, at the turn of the century. The scene remained much the same until after the incorporation of this area with Brighton, in April 1928. Then the cottages went, to be replaced by modern houses, while the large barn on the extreme right has been converted to a dwelling house, but is still called “The Barn”.

Image Reference: JG_33_033.tif
Date: 1902
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 205x157
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Regency Society
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society