55 years separate these photos (see previous) of the same spot.
In 1932 came transformation. The narrow road was replaced by the wide present Nevill Road and the first houses were built at the lower end between Old Shoreham Road and Orchard Road, though it was not until 1934/5 that the houses came round the bend. The growth of trees prevents a comparison of the backgrounds.
Date of photograph 17 May 1970.
Image Reference: JG_36_013.tif
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 152x113
Additional Information: No comment
The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Friends of West Blatchington Mill
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society