NEVILL ROAD AND COURT FARM ROAD
This photograph and following have been placed consecutively because incredible as it may seem they both show the same spot.
This photograph of January 1910, showing the old farm road which meandered from the top of Sackville Road, towards the distant hamlet of West Blatchington. Just past the low house, the road took a sharp turning left leading to West Blatchington Mill, seen at the extreme left. Beyond, the main road made a T-junction with the very narrow Hangleton and Toads Hole Roads. The distant trees in the centre background were removed in the early 1950’s, when the flats and the Nevill Hotel were built. Note the chalk track, running at right angles to the road (right). This led to the four Waterworks Cottages, built about 1879.
Image Reference: JG_36_015.tif
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 156x97
Additional Information: No comment
The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Friends of West Blatchington Mill
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society