35 CARLTON TERRACE, PORTSLADE
After Wood’s death in February 1916, the house was occupied by his wife and daughter who gradually became recluses. The house became more and more dilapidated and had the appearance of being unoccupied before it became completely derelict in 1940. Portslade U.D.C. had the corner rounded off in 1954 and later applied for a compulsory purchase order so as to demolish the old house and replace it with modern flats.
Image Reference: JG_38_012.tif
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 155x110
Additional Information: No comment
The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by Carolyn and Richard Williams,Judy Pratt,Trevor Povey and Ian Farrell, members of the Portslade Local History Group
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society