The pastoral scene in the Mile Oak valley, about 1912, long before there was any thought of the tide of houses which has now engulfed this area. The large buildings on the skyline were the London County Council Industrial Schools, a semi-penal establishment remote from any built-up area. Now, having outlived its usefulness it is closed and the future use of the site is uncertain.
Image Reference: JG_38_043.tif
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 161x100
Additional Information: No comment
The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by Carolyn and Richard Williams,Judy Pratt,Trevor Povey and Ian Farrell, members of the Portslade Local History Group
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society