View of the Eastern Arm of Shoreham harbour, during the late 1950’s. Many changes have taken place in the short time which has since elapsed. Of the five chimneys seen, four have been demolished. Portslade Gas Works closed in 1971, and the A Power Station at Southwick was demolished in 1977. Flinns’ Dyeworks (on the right) has also gone as have most of the small houses in Wellington Road.

Image Reference: JG_38_058.tif
Date: 1950s
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 204x140
Place: Shoreham
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by Carolyn and Richard Williams,Judy Pratt,Trevor Povey and Ian Farrell, members of the Portslade Local History Group
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society