These photographs all show the Norfolk Suspension Bridge, so called because it was built in 1832 at the expense of the Duke of Norfolk. The years of the photographs are unknown. The bridge, although structurally still sound, was unsuited to heavy motor traffic, so it had to be replaced by the present bridge, opened by Lord Leconfield, Lieutenant of Sussex, on 4 July 1923.

Image Reference: JG_38_161.tif
Date: Unknown
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 74x100
Place: Shoreham
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by Carolyn and Richard Williams,Judy Pratt,Trevor Povey and Ian Farrell, members of the Portslade Local History Group
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society