GRAND JUNCTION ROAD – ABOUT 1865
One cannot date this with accuracy. It affords a clear view of the esplanade leading to the Chain Pier, and, by means of glass, the Western Gates and Toll House, can be discerned. These, together with the esplanade, went in 1872, with the building of the Aquarium. Note that at this period before the construction of Madeira Drive, the sea washed right up to the Marine Parade Sea-Wall.
Image Reference: JG_04_013.tif
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 171x102
Additional Information: No comment
The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by Ulla Dunlop in memory of her husband, Dr Ian Dunlop
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society