A very clear view of the Toll Gates, the Toll House and the entrance to the Chain Pier Esplanade. These stood here from the opening of the Pier in 1823 until 1869 or 1870, when work started on the construction of the Aquarium, which occupied the entire area of the Esplanade.

Image Reference: JG_05_006.tif
Date: c.1875
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 188x138
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: ┬ęPhilippe Garner

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by Robert Edwards
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society