A splendid photograph, taken on 24 May 1890 and showing the Victorian gathering for the opening of the Shelter Hall and the Lift to Marine Parade, which took place on that day. Only the easternmost half of the Madeira Terrace was then built. The remainder westward to the Aquarium was not completed until 1897.
Image Reference: JG_05_153.tif
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 227x103
Additional Information: No comment
The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by Robert Edwards
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society