Looking eastwards to Blackrock. The Paston Place, or Banjo Groyne was built in 1877, and in 1895, Madeira Drive which until then ended there, was extended from Banjo Groyne to Black Rock. Note the cluster of motor coaches at the foot of Dukes Mound, then the parking place for the coaches.
The bowling greens disappeared after the 1939/1945 War, during which they were mined and wired off.
Image Reference: JG_05_175.tif
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 219x119
Additional Information: No comment
The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by Robert Edwards
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society