This photograph of South Street, taken in 1938, shows four of the original cottages of Middle Street Lane, as this little street was originally called. Before the completion of the sea front between West Street and Middle Street all east and west traffic had to traverse this lane and the Portsmouth and Southampton coach passed by these cottages which then looked directly to the sea. Demolished 1947.
Image Reference: JG_7_050.tif
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 108x155
Additional Information: No comment
The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Brighton Society
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society