The transformation is all but completed. Nos. 4 & 5 of the old street are still standing, but are soon to be removed and the cleared site used as a car park.
Above the Church Phoenix Building has been completed but hoardings still surround the adjacent vacant site and for a short distance the original remains.
In only 5 years the west side of the street has been almost entirely rebuilt. Contrast this photograph with that taken in 1930 from almost exactly the same spot.
Image Reference: JG_7_101.tif
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 155x96
Additional Information: The Regent-Brighton's Premier Talkie Theatre;West Pier- visit the new Sun Terrace
The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Brighton Society
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society