Photographed on 8 December, 1968, before alterations to the building had commenced. Externally the building must have looked almost the same as this when first it was erected in 1866 as the Grand Concert Hall. One interesting feature which has gone since the alterations, was the two posts which formerly stood outside the old dwelling house in West Street which was demolished in 1865 to make way for the Concert Hall which ran right through from West Street. The posts are shown on the photograph of this house, which appears on another page. [JG_7_013]

Image Reference: JG_7_139.tif
Date: 1968
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 109x153
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Brighton Society
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society