A photograph of 8-12 Middle Street, period unknown, but probably between 1912 and 1919. On the extreme left is the Concert Hall, then used as a Picture Palace, but opened as Sherry’s Dance Hall late in 1919. The passageway led to Nos. 10 and 11, which were hidden from the street. Here for many years was the Mineral Water manufactory of Henry Schilling, but at the same time of this photograph the buildings were occupied by the Brighton and Hove General Gas Company. Later they took over No. 12, previously occupied by Barnards, the blind makers and then, in 1930, all these old houses were demolished and replaced by the present building.

Image Reference: JG_7_141.tif
Date: 1912-1919
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 205x157
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Brighton Society
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society