NORTH STREET COTTAGES
These formerly stood in the heart of Brighton’s “Lanes” and were found in the angle between Nos. 28 and 29, Meeting House Lane, adjoining Cooper’s furniture shop.
The trim appearance of their fronts (previous photograph) was in marked contrast to the squalor at the backs. The flint walls suggest that they were very old but they are not mentioned until Brighton Directories of the 1880’s
Photographed 1935, demolished 1936, after which the site was derelict for nearly 30 years. Now included in Brighton Square.
Image Reference: JG_09_025.tif
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 121x155
Additional Information: No comment
The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by Brighton Town Press
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society