These formerly stood to the south of Kingsway, on the site of the present King Alfred. They were originally occupied by fishermen and were probably coeval with the two old flint cottages still to be seen in Hove Street. When these photographs were taken, in 1908 all seven cottages were still standing, but soon afterwards Kingsway was widened on its south side and Nos. 4-7 were removed.

Image Reference: JG_12_114.tif
Date: 1908
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 152x108
Place: Hove
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Regency Society
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society