After the buildings in Ingram Crescent had been finished in the early part of the 1925, Hove Corporation wee left with an area of vacant land between the two wings of the Crescent. They wisely decided that as the housing shortage was so acute more houses should be built here, but leaving an open frontage on the west, east and north side, during 1926, thus completing the Ingram Estate. They had a life of only 48 years. Photographed in September 1974, they were demolished within 6 weeks. This view: East side 17/20 and a house in Portland Road

Image Reference: JG_16_040.tif
Date: 1974
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 153x96
Place: Hove
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Regency Society
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society