In 1927, when Portland Avenue was rapidly being developed, it was decided to build two other roads on either side, both with an outlet to Portland Avenue. Mansfield Road was laid out to the west and three houses were being built in that year. Wish Cottage was on the site of the suggested road to the east, Woodhouse Road. The last tenants, Mr & Mrs Denyer, moved from the cottage in December 1927 and soon afterwards it was demolished. The new road was then laid out but the first house in Woodhouse Road were not built until 1930.

Image Reference: JG_16_061.tif
Date: c.1927
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 156x80
Place: Hove
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Regency Society
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society