These four cottages stood about 100 yards north of Portland Road, immediately opposite Portland Villas. They faced the railway line and were approached by a track running from Portland Road to the old farm accommodation bridge in what is now Olive Road. Originally farm cottages, they were probably built about 1870. When the works of Messrs H.J. Green and Sons were established here, the cottages passed into their possession and were reconstructed and improved. They were demolished in 1934.

Image Reference: JG_16_071.tif
Date: 1925
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 153x97
Place: Hove
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Regency Society
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society