Bungards, the stone masons, premises being cleared so that the site could be redeveloped 19 April 1963. The motor showrooms of Harringtons are now here. Until 1928 most of this area was allotments with a footpath from the Tamworth Road Arch under the railway coming out just to the right of the open gate shown. Amherst Crescent was built in 1930/31.

Image Reference: JG_16_132.tif
Date: 1963
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 157x105
Place: Hove
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Regency Society
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society