The premises of Rooke’s, the stone masons, with the adjoining Sackville Nurseries, period not known. Judging by the chalk seen on the railway embankment on the left it may be that the rails of the Dyke railway had just been removed, so the year may be 1939. All these buildings were removed in 1963 and the area had been laid out for industrial purposes.

Image Reference: JG_16_140.tif
Date: Unknown
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 110x125
Place: Hove
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Regency Society
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society