The changed scene, some 70 years later. In this photograph of April 1960 can be seen Bennetts’ building with part of the Sackville Nurseries beyond. The private house this side of Bennetts’ was built in the early 1930s for Mr English, originally Manager and later Proprietor of the Nurseries. Land on the north side for the extension of the cemetery was bought in 1929.

Image Reference: JG_16_145.tif
Date: 1960
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 80x80
Place: Hove
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Regency Society
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society