About the turn of the century, W. Balchin & Sons established large nursery grounds on a triangular plot between Old Shoreham Road, The Drive and the Upper Drive. In 1930, the ground was sold and houses were built along the perimeter in the Upper Drive and Old Shoreham Road, leaving a large enclosed area that was continued as a nursery by H.W. Caister. In 1959, this was given up and the remaining land developed for housing. Flats and bungalows, known as Caister’s Close were built here. Looking west towards the backs of houses in the Drive.

Image Reference: JG_17_032.tif
Date: 1959
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 155x109
Place: Hove
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Regency Society
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society