Until 1926 there were no buildings on the south side of Old Shoreham Road, between Sackville Road and the Albion football ground. Wasteland extended from the road southwards to a high brick wall, where whippet races were held on Saturday evenings. In 1926 the Sackville Garage became the first building to be erected on this land. This photograph was taken in the autumn of 1927, the time of the Daily Mail campaign – “No Soviet Petrol sold here”.

Image Reference: JG_17_071.tif
Date: 1927
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 140x95
Place: Hove
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Regency Society
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society