Looking down Sackville Road from Nevill Road in December 1967, before the widening of either road had commenced. Previously there had been two changes in this part of Sackville Road, originally the old Hove Drove. Early in the 1930s the ground floor of the Sackville Hotel had been built out beyond the original elevation. Until 1936 the terrace of five buildings north of Frith Road had been private houses with small front gardens similar to the rest of the houses on this side above the railway bridge but with the building of Nevill Road which commenced in 1933 they were converted to shops.

Image Reference: JG_17_081.tif
Date: 1967
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 155x116
Place: Hove
Additional Information: Currently (2009) named "Hove Park Tavern"

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Regency Society
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society