As can be seen this building was erected in 1931 and was occupied continuously from that year until 1969 by British Home Stores. When the stores moved to new premises in Churchill Square the building was reconstructed for occupation by C and A Modes whose store was opened in 1970. This view taken December 8 1968.

Image Reference: JG_19_106.tif
Date: 1968
Image Details: Original monochrome image
Size of Original: 155x119
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: Now, 2008, Primark.

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Montpelier and Clifton Hill Association
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society