Buildings of about the same period, 1860, 6-8 Rose Hill, in September 1961. It can be seen that 6 was at one time a public house. The Duke of Wellington, the licence of which was surrendered in 1948, while 8 had an adjoining builder’s yard for many years. Demolished in 1961 and since replaced by a small Old Peoples’ Home erected by Brighton Corporation. Incidentally the first house built in Upper Lewes Road was known as Verbena Cottage and is the present No.19.

Image Reference: JG_20_056.tif
Date: 1961
Image Details: Original monochrome image
Size of Original: 154x108
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by a number of Individual Donors
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society